City and county firefighters stayed busy over the weekend, with each department responding to structure fires which destroyed two homes.
Around 11:45 Saturday night, Douglas fire officials were called to a blaze at 1006 N. Pearl Ave. The residence, which was abandoned, was completely engulfed in flames and took some time to extinguish.
On Saturday morning, a house fire on Yellow Brick Road in the county was a total loss, leaving an entire family without a home and in despereate need.
County fire officials are asking anyone who may be able to help with clothing items or other needs to please drop them off at the Douglas Fire Station at 108 E. Gordon St.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond
- Fulton grand jury report on attempts to overturn Trump’s 2020 Georgia election loss could soon be revealed
- New House speaker says state tobacco tax hike possible, dims hopes for Medicaid expansion
- GBI charges former Coffee, Bacon deputy with aggravated sexual battery