Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
Last Wednesday morning, September 20, between 1 and 2 a.m., the Jeff Davis County Sheriff’s Office became involved in a vehicle pursuit following an armed robbery at a convenience store in Hazlehurst, GA. After the chase entered Bacon County, Bacon County Sheriff’s Office deputies requested assistance from the Alma Police Department in bringing the pursuit to an end. An APD unit joined the pursuit on U.S. 1 north of Alma. Soon afterwards, the vehicle pursuit ended when the driver of the vehicle surrendered to law enforcement. The driver, identified as Timothy Wesley, Jr., 19 of Alma, was transported back to Jeff Davis County where he was subsequently charged with armed robbery. Around lunch on this same date, the owner of the vehicle, an Alma resident, discovered his vehicle had been stolen. APD learned the vehicle Wesley was operating had been stolen by Wesley prior to the armed robbery in Hazlehurst; APD has secured arrest warrants for Wesley for theft of motor vehicle.
Monday afternoon, September 25, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit conducted a traffic stop on S. Dixon St. for a seat belt violation. The traffic stop led to a search of a local residence. JC Purvis, 63 of Alma, was arrested for possession of a schedule IV controlled substance and three traffic offenses.
Wednesday evening, September 27, APD’s Crime Suppression Unit conducted a traffic stop on S. Pierce St. at 14th St. The driver of the vehicle, Shaun Capps, 32 of Alma, was arrested on an outstanding probation violation warrant. The passenger, Harry Scott, 60 of Alma, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
- No seatbelt traffic stop lands three in jail on meth charges
- Feds, local authorities arrested wanted suspected drug dealer in Jeff Davis County
- Suspect to detectives: 'It's just possession!'
- Driver allegedly throws methamphetamine from car, arrested anyway
- Detective sees suspected drug dealer at convenience store, makes arrest
Latest from Submitted
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission sees rise in August unemployment
- Broxton PD’s drug dog receives kennel insert from Georgia Police K9 Foundation
- Wiregrass Board of Directors announces FY24 meeting dates
- Department of Revenue announces tax relief for 28 counties impacted by Idalia
- SGSC welcomes Leadership Waycross class to campus