A Jeff Davis County girl, aged 12, was killed Friday in Coffee County Friday in an ATV accident. One other person was injured in the one-vehicle accident. WALB initially reported the crash on its web site Friday afternoon.
WALB’s report stated that the driver of the Yamaha Viking ATV overturned on Burkett Church Road and threw the passengers from the vehicle. The driver, identified as Makenzie Cothran of Denton, was struck by the vehicle after being ejected and died from her injuries. Her passenger, also a 12-year-old female, ran three miles to find help. She suffered on minor injuries.
According to WALB’s report, which was attributed to troopers from the Georgia State Patrol, neither occupant was wearing seatbelts.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Combat Night fills two titles, local fighters 2-2 in their bouts
- Two others charged in connection with Alamo police officer's death
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- Former Coffee Correctional inmate wanted for allegedly killing Alamo police officer
- Local hip hop artist Skud Newbie releases new single