Wiregrass Georgia Technical College President Dr. Tina K. Anderson is pleased to share that the college's Practical Nursing Program (LPN) has been ranked as one of the top programs in the state as announced by Practical Nursing.org. The Practical Nursing.org website serves as a guide and resource for those interested in seeking a career in Practical Nursing. According to Bryce Hall, President of Practical Nursing.org, Wiregrass was ranked 9th in Georgia. The ranking is based on several factors which represent how well the program supports students towards licensure and beyond. The college's NCLEX-PN "pass rates" are also weighted by year. The NCLEX-PN is the national boards exam. Wiregrass' current in-field placement rate for LPN graduates is 95.2 percent.
Wiregrass offers the LPN program on the Valdosta, Ben Hill-Irwin, and Coffee Campuses. The program is approved by the Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses. Students who qualify for the HOPE Grant and are accepted into the LPN program could qualify for additional grant monies through the Georgia's Strategic Industries Workforce Development Grant leaving students paying little or no out-of-pocket cost for college. The LPN program is a competitive admissions process program; students seeking to enter this program must meet program-specific criteria before being accepted.
- Shannon McConico named Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Wiregrass EMT and paramedicine students learning real world skills
- Wiregrass announces President's and Dean's List for summer semester
- Wiregrass Board of Directors announces FY22 meeting dates
- Wiregrass receives Institutional Resilience – Virtual and Augmented Reality Development Grant