A 29-year-old Coffee County man faces domestic violence, child cruelty, and other charges following an incident that occurred Monday morning in Ambrose.
Shortly after 9 a.m., Coffee County sheriff’s deputies responded to a residence off Palmetto Road in reference to a female who had been beaten by her live-in boyfriend. The 33-year-old victim stated the assailant, identified as Jeremy D. Brinson, had struck her several times following a verbal altercation. Deputies observed multiple superficial injuries to the victim’s neck, head, arms, and feet and obtained photographic documentation. The incident was also witnessed by a minor child. The victim was transported by Emergency Medical Services to Coffee Regional Medical Center for her injuries.
Brinson was located a short time later in Douglas and taken into custody. He was transported to the Coffee County Jail and faces charges of domestic violence battery, third degree cruelty to children, and criminal trespass.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Man taken back to jail two days after being released on bond