Second individual arrested in Tara Grinstead case
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
According to a report filed by WMAZ of Macon, Bo Dukes has been arrested and charged with helping Ryan Duke (no relation), who is already in custody after being charged with the murder of missing Irwin County teacher Tara Grinstead, of helping “conceal and destroy” Grinstead’s body.
Grinstead disappeared in October of 2005. Until last week, there were no major breaks in the case.
WMAZ reported that Dukes was booked into the Irwin County Jail for concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal, and tampering with evidence.
This week, the GBI has been searching a pecan orchard in Ben Hill County, presumably for Grinstead’s remains. WMAZ also reported that Dukes is related to the owner of that same pecan grove. Per other news reports, the GBI hasn’t said exactly what agents found, only that they found “evidence” pertaining to the case.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Hearing underway as Ryan Duke, Bo Dukes attempt to get Ben Hill County charges dismissed
- Douglas-Coffee County Chamber, EDA Name Matt Seale CEO
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Irwin County
- Bo Dukes’s conviction to stand following motion for new trial
Latest from Robert Preston
- City commission approves special exception variance for group bringing in ALDI grocery store
- Completely Unchained brings Van Halen to the stage Saturday in Douglas
- Former Trojan headed to Junior College World Series with Andrew College Tigers
- On the death of the manual transmission and the loss of our connection to the world around us
- Helmet-less motorcyclist arrested after allegedly running from traffic stop