Video: Possible tornado destroys mobile home, chicken houses in Mora
- Written by Robert Preston
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Around 5 p.m. Sunday, a suspected tornado overturned a mobile home and destroyed chicken houses in the Mora community.
First responders from Coffee County noticed a strong odor of gas and saw power lines on the ground when they arrived. In spite of the dangers, they were able to investigate the scene and found that no one was in the mobile home or inside the chicken houses.
All told, the tornado completely destroyed the mobile home, two chicken houses, a pick-up, and three irrigation lines. Neighbors soon arrived and began helping clean the debris as much as possible. The family heeded the warnings of approaching severe weather and sought shelter at a more secure location. Their diligence likely saved their lives.
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- Ben Hill County inmate who had escaped before escapes again while attending grandmother's funeral in Douglas
- Convicted felon hit with drug distribution, gun charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
Latest from Robert Preston
- Sidewalk clash on Peterson Avenue sends two to jail, one to the hospital
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Drug detectives act on tip, make meth arrest
- Kendrick Mizell's murder trial scheduled to begin Monday
- David Spivey arrested, charged with embracery in connection with jury tampering allegations in Anderson trial