According to the Coffee County Ga. Police Scanner Facebook page, Douglas police and fire units responded to a house fire at 206 North Street around 5 a.m. on Christmas Eve. When officers arrived, they discovered the home engulfed in flames.
Thankfully, it appears as though the home was uninhabited at the time and, as a result, there were no injuries or loss of Christmas gifts.
However, the nature of the fire remains suspicious and authorities are investigating the cause of the blaze. If you have any information regarding the fire or if you saw anyone in the area around that time on Dec. 24, please contact the Douglas Police Department or E-911.
- Grand Jury hands down over 30 indictments
- Convicted drug dealer back in jail for same offense
- Community Foundation scholarship applications available, deadline is March 15
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- 35-year-old allegedly violates restraining order from West Virginia, arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in Douglas