Wednesday night, the Douglas Fire Department battled a house fire on West Franklin Street. The house, which officials believe was an uninhabited residence and likely filled with clutter, burned to the ground. Around midnight Wednesday night, smoke from the blaze blanketed the northwest portion of the city. The cause of the fire remains unknown and the investigation is ongoing.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Linebacker Larry Daniel named First Team All State, six others receive Honorable Mention
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl
- CHS junior selected to represent the US at international weightlifting competition
- McDuffie named Region Player of the Year, 11 other Trojans make All Region 1st Team