On Sunday, July 10, 2016, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s Douglas Regional Office was requested by the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office to assist in a death investigation in Coffee County.
On Sunday, July 10, 2016, at approximately 5:30 a.m., deputies with the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to 6629 Hwy 32 West Lot 4 in reference to a Hispanic male found unresponsive outside the residence. Upon arrival, deputies found Domingo Ortiz, 51, dead from an apparent stab wound. After a search of the area, Miguel Hernandez Santos, 68, was arrested in connection with the death of Ortiz. Santos was transported to the Coffee County jail. The body of Ortiz will be taken to the GBI Medical Examiner’s Office in Macon for autopsy.
This investigation is active and ongoing while agents and sheriff’s investigators pursue leads. Anyone who has information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 384-4227 or the GBI’s Douglas Regional Office at (912) 389-4103.
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes
- GBI makes arrest in fatal shooting of Savion McRae
- Argument at Diamond Cargo ends in stabbing
- GBI makes arrests in Atkinson County armed robbery investigation
- Judge denies motion to re-sentence woman who attempted to have husband killed in 2016
Latest from Robert Preston
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer