According to a report first published by WALB, a preliminary report following the autopsies of a Douglas couple found dead in their home over the weekend shows no obvious signs of foul play. The WALB report stated that the couple, Donald and Linda Morris of a Trellis Drive residence, had been dead for some time – maybe as long as a week – before being discovered.
The investigation is ongoing and more tests will be performed.
Anyone with information that could assist authorities in this case is asked to contact the Coffee County Sheriff's Office at 912-384-4227 or the GBI at 912-389-4103.
- Man arrested after allegedly burning girlfriend's clothes
- GBI makes arrest in fatal shooting of Savion McRae
- Argument at Diamond Cargo ends in stabbing
- GBI makes arrests in Atkinson County armed robbery investigation
- Judge denies motion to re-sentence woman who attempted to have husband killed in 2016
Latest from Robert Preston
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer