According to a report published on www.cullmantoday.com, one Coffee County teen was killed in a motorcycle accident near Cullman, Alabama, Sunday. The crash seriously injured another local teen, who was life-flighted from the scene to a nearby hospital. The deceased is Hunter Railey, 16, of Broxton. Rebecca Dyall, 15, also of Broxton, was riding on the 2000 Suzuki motorcycle with Railey at the time of the collision. She survived the accident but sustained life-threatening injuries. Her condition has not been updated as of this morning.
The cullmantoday.com report’s information came from eyewitnesses, not an official law enforcement accident report. According to the story, witnesses saw Railey turn his head to his right, possibly to communicate with Dyall. As he turned, the motorcycle, which was traveling south, crossed the center line into the northbound lane, hitting a 2004 Chevy Tahoe head-on. The driver of the Tahoe was uninjured in the accident.
According to witnesses, both Railey and Dyall were wearing helmets.
- Broxton's Chicken Liver and Gizzard Festival set for this weekend in new location
- Broxton officer busts driver for DUI, possessing suspected ecstasy
- Broxton man charged after allegedly fighting police officer
- Cargo trailer disappears from local business -- again, Rusty Spell arrested -- again
- Broxton man charged with arson by state fire marshal
Latest from Staff Reports
- Douglas man charged with burglary after allegedly breaking in apartment in Oak Park
- A fight in West Green lands one in the hospital, another in jail
- Migrant women endured medical mistreatment at Georgia ICE facility, U.S. Senate report finds
- DPD makes arrest in golf club thefts
- Douglas native one of 17 alleged gang members charged in Barrow County