The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has released more information regarding last night’s shooting on Cutter Road in Douglas. According to the GBI, the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office requested assistance from the GBI in connection with the shooting. GBI agents responded to the sheriff’s office’s request just before 8 p.m. on Sunday night.
Monday afternoon, the GBI released a verbal statement saying that the agency believes that the shooting involved a child and the child’s mother. The mother is the victim of the shooting. She is hospitalized in critical condition. At the moment, the GBI believes that the shooting was accidental. The name of the victim has not been released.
The GBI is still actively investigating the incident.
Latest from Robert Preston
- 2021 CHS graduate loses life in Lanier County shooting
- Stafford, Merritt lead the way at CHS track awards banquet
- Douglas woman jailed after shooting, witnesses say it was in self-defense
- County buys fire truck in Texas, crashes on way back to Georgia
- Deep South Farm Supply employee charged with taking, burning truck and trailer