Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A deadly crash involving an 18-wheeler hauling gas and a pick-up truck occurred early this morning on the outskirts of Willacoochee on Highway 82. The accident killed the driver of the big truck while the pick-up driver was reportedly unhurt. WALB has reported that the truck driver has been identified as Timothy Teemer, 47, of Albany. The driver of the pick-up was James Gaskins, 73, of Willacoochee.
The wreck shut down the eastbound lanes of Highway 82. Department of Transportation crews and law enforcement re-directed eastbound traffic to the westbound side, with one lane of the westbound side of 82 handling eastbound traffic and the other lane moving westbound vehicles.
Hours after the accident took place, the tanker truck was still in the woods just off the eastbound side of the roadway. The truck was in a stand of trees facing west. The Coffee County hazmat team was on the scene assisting with the clean-up, as were DOT crews and law enforcement officers from surrounding areas. The Georgia State Patrol was investigating the accident.
Latest from Robert Preston
- Animal cruelty, while rampant, is often hard to prove and prosecute
- Francis Lott, one of architects of Douglas-Coffee County's economic boom, passes at 87
- Nine Trojans sign letters of intent to play college football
- Coffee baseball unveils The Riccardo Ingram Hitting Facility at January 31 ceremony
- Fire destroys St. James Missionary Baptist Church Sunday night