Federal fugitive captured by Coffee Co. authorities
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Coffee County Sheriff's Office officials reported Tuesday the capture of a man wanted on federal charges who had managed to avoid apprehension since 2014.
Detectives and K-9 officers with the Douglas – Coffee Drug Unit (DCDU) arrested Jose Alberto Sandoval - Moya on federal conspiracy charges. Sandoval - Moya was the subject of a federal investigation in the middle district of Georgia and had eluded capture since October 2014 when the DCDU and agents of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation initially attempted to serve the arrest warrant at a residence on Boardwalk Circle in Douglas.
DCDU found him Tuesday in a residence at Pete Evans Mobile Home Park in Douglas, and he was arrested without incident.
Latest from Staff Reports
- Valdosta police investigating accidental double shooting, at least one victim from Douglas
- BOE approves new administrators at six schools
- Two Hawks combine for no-hitter in 6-0 win over Andrew College
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- Trojans take first at For Coffee meet, Kate Merritt sets another school record