Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The City of Douglas and Coffee County are honored to announce that Coffee County has been selected as regional site for the 2023 Veterans Day Commemoration Activities by the Veterans Day National Committee of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. This year, Veterans Day ceremonies recognized by VA will be held in 66 communities throughout 34 states and the District of Columbia to honor the Nation’s Veterans. Coffee County is one of only five selected sites in Georgia.
Each year, the Veterans Day National Committee—comprised of representatives from nearly 50 organizations dedicated to serving and supporting America’s Veterans—hosts the annual Veterans Day observance at Arlington National Cemetery. In our community, our schools and organizations host Veterans Day events. As a part of the designation, all veterans are asked to attend as many of the programs as possible. A list of the programs (as of 10-27-2023) are listed below:
Douglas and Coffee County Veterans Day Activities
- Nov. 10, 9:00 AM, Ambrose Elementary, Veterans Day Program with Students
- Nov. 10, 9:00 AM, Indian Creek Elementary, Veterans Day Program and Parade
- Nov. 10, 9:30 AM, Nicholls Elementary, Show Choir Tribute to Veterans
- Nov. 10, 9:00 AM, Westside Elementary, Show Choir Tribute to Veterans
- Nov. 10, 11:00 AM, First Academy, Veterans Ceremony and Tribute
- Nov. 10, 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM, Coffee High School
9:30 AM - Coffee and Donuts for Veterans – Media Center
10:15 AM - Veterans Day Ceremony – Performing Arts Center
11:00 AM - Veterans Parade – Concourse
11:15 AM - Veterans Luncheon – Media Center
12:00 PM – 3:00 PM - Interactive Veterans Museum – Performing Arts Center Lobby
- Nov. 11, 11:000 AM, The Bells Of Peace will be broadcast from South Georgia State College in collaboration with the Veterans Park Committee. The Bells of Peace is a salute to all Americans who served the nation in both conflict and times of peace. The 2023 event includes the tolling of the bells 21 times, followed by a moment of reflection, then the playing of Taps. The event can be played from cell phone or computer.
- Nov. 13, 9:00 AM, Citizens Christian Academy, Veterans Ceremony and Tribute
Each approved regional site receives a supply of official Veterans Day posters, military ceremonial support from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), and a certificate from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for inclusion in the official program. Georgia Governor Brian P. Kemp will be notified of the selection and military ceremonial support may be available for the activities.
- Douglas woman charged with animal cruelty after critically ill horse found on property
- Pair of former Trojans lead North Georgia in sweep of #13 Quincy University
- State Court Judge Katy Paulk announces 2024 election campaign
- GSP, CCSO arrest five on DUI charges
- Animal cruelty, while rampant, is often hard to prove and prosecute