Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
On Monday, October, 9, 2023 at approximately 3:30 p.m. Jeff Davis County deputies attempted to initiate a traffic stop on a motorcycle for a traffic violation. The motorist refused to yield and led officers on a five-county chase with speeds of up to 130 mph.
Deputies and investigators along with troopers from the Georgia State Patrol chased the unknown man on his Honda cruiser all the way from Jeff Davis County, Lumber City, Telfair County, Wheeler County, Dodge County and came to a halt in Laurens County.
After finally stopping the motorcycle, Raymond Franklin was arrested for several charges including felony fleeing and eluding law enforcement in several counties. When he was taken into custody, no weapons nor contraband were found, but it was confirmed that Franklin had a minor traffic warrant for his arrest in Baxley.
When asked why he ran, Franklin stated, “I didn’t want to go to jail.”
No injuries were reported to either Franklin or officers during the chase.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DPD: Guillermo De La Cruz is responsible for Maria Diaz's disappearance on February 16, 2023
- CCA hires new head football coach
- Coffee hangs on to beat Vidalia 8-6, Jones collects 100th win as a Trojan
- U.S. Marshals, deputies arrest 'dangerous' fugitive in Douglas
- Patriots improve to 2-0 after 16-1 over Coastal Homeschool