Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The GBI is conducting a homicide investigation in connection to the death of Markevios D. Jenkins, age 31, of Fitzgerald, GA. On Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 2:55 p.m., the Fitzgerald Police Department requested the GBI for assistance with the investigation.
Preliminary information indicates that at approximately 2:30 p.m., the Fitzgerald Police Department responded to a "shots fired" call at 600 East Sultana Drive in Fitzgerald. When officers arrived on the scene, they located a White Kia Sportage stopped at a stop sign. Officers checked the car since it was not moving or preceding to move forward. Jenkins was found unresponsive in the driver's seat of the car with gunshot wounds. Jenkins was pronounced dead on the scene.
The investigation is active and ongoing. No arrests have been made at this time. If anyone has information regarding this investigation, please contact the GBI regional investigative office in Eastman at 478-374-6988 or the Dublin Police Department at 478-277-5023.
Anonymous tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online,
or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
Once the investigation is complete, the case file will be given to the Cordele Judicial Circuit District Attorney's Office for prosecution.
- One of Georgia's 38 death row inmates was sentenced in Coffee County
- Coffee County man arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- Georgia Supreme Court upholds Wallace Lee's double murder conviction, life sentence
- Grand jury indicts former Indian Creek principal on two counts cruelty to children
- Judge grants change of venue in Harper's trial in connection with death of Vann Brown