Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Rusty Spell, 56, of Broxton, will serve five years in prison as a part of a 20-year sentence he received last month for allegedly stealing cargo trailers and diesel fuel in separate incidents in Coffee County. He still faces charges in Monroe County for allegedly stealing three Department of Natural Resources Polaris Rangers and trailers from Interceptor Public Safety in Forsyth.
In early August, Spell pleaded guilty to the Coffee County charges and received a 20-year sentence, five of which will be served in prison with the remainder to be served on probation.
Spell was charged with theft by taking in September of last year after he stole a cargo trailer from Circle Double B. Surveillance video captured Spell, who is confined to a wheelchair, taking the trailer.
At the time of his arrest, he was out of jail on bond in two other local cases — one for stealing diesel 350 gallons of diesel fuel in March of 2022 and another for stealing a cargo trailer in May of 2021.
Spell allegedly stole the Rangers and trailers in August of 2021.
- Driver loses life when vehicle leaves roadway, crashes into creek
- Lucky number 13: Trojans improve to 13-0 with 30-0 win over Cass Colonels in quarterfinals
- Trojans and the Colonels face off at Jardine Stadium with history on the line
- Veterans Park Committee to host Pearl Harbor Day remembrance ceremony
- Keep Douglas Beautiful holds successful trash dash plogging event