Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
It is with deep regret the Crisp County Sheriff’s Office announces the passing of an active-duty sheriff’s deputy.
A Crisp County sheriff’s deputy succumbed to injuries at Crisp Regional Hospital following an officer-involved shooting.
On Wednesday, July 5, 2023, around 3:40 A.M., a Crisp County sheriff’s deputy got out with a vehicle in the middle of the roadway in the 1300 block of HWY 280 West, Cordele, Georgia. The vehicle came back stolen. After getting out with the vehicle, the deputy was shot and critically injured. The suspect, identified as Croshawn Gerard Cross, 25, took the deputy’s patrol car and fled the scene. Crisp County EMS transported the deputy to Crisp Regional Hospital. Cross allegedly led law enforcement on a pursuit through multiple Georgia counties.
Officers from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office arrested Cross on I-475. They also recovered the stolen patrol unit. The GBI will conduct an independent investigation.
- Suspect whom deputies shot while allegedly stealing a cargo trailer is out of hospital, in jail
- One deputy injured, suspect shot in cargo trailer theft investigation
- Halique Jordan, 18, Ocilla murder suspect, being held in Coffee County Jail
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
- GBI investigates officer involved shooting in Irwin County