Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Corey Carelock, 23, who just pleaded guilty in Coffee County on theft by deception charges and received 10 years on probation, is back in jail on similar charges — this time in Arkansas.
Several different news outlets in Brookland, Arkansas, have released stories describing what allegedly happened. The alleged incident goes back to April 2022, when a man in Brookland agreed to purchase equipment for $40,540 online from Carelock. According to reports, the victim sent Carelock the money but never received the equipment.
Authorities served a search warrant on Carelock’s bank account and noticed other large wire transfers, which led them to investigators in Napoleon, North Dakota. Authorities in Napoleon were also working on a similar investigation involving Carelock. At the time, Carelock was in the Coffee County Jail on charges relating to his multi-count theft by deception investigation in which he also sold non-existent equipment to potential buyers.
Reports say that Carelock admitted to Brookland investigators that he took payment for equipment and never provided it to the buyer. Wednesday, June 14, Carelock was arrested in connection with the Arkansas case. He was charged with theft of over $25,000. Carelock is currently being held in the Craighead County Sheriff’s Office Jail, according to the jail roster.
In December 2022, Carelock was indicted on 14 counts of theft by taking by the Coffee County Grand Jury in a similar equipment scam that netted him over $165,000. He served from May 19, 2022 to April 20, 2023, in the Coffee County Jail. He ultimately pleaded guilty to one count of theft by taking and was given a 10-year sentence, all of which was to be served on probation. He also has to pay restitution and he’s prohibited from selling equipment online.
Carelock has a court appearance in Arkansas next month.
- Coffee County man arrested for sexual exploitation of children
- 20-year-old female in jail after allegedly cutting two individuals during fight at local business
- Fight at Evans Grocery leads to aggravated assault charges
- Report: Domestic dispute erupts over who will drive car to work
- Break-up leads to arrest, stalking charge
Latest from Staff Reports
- Couple arrested on illegal drug charges during search of vehicles, home
- Four Chinese nationals arrested in $22.3 million marijuana operation in Pierce County
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Brantley County ends Coffee's unbeaten streak at six games
- CCA defeats Lanier 7-3 in season opener