Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Two individuals were recently arrested by the Coffee County Sheriff's Office and their Drug Unit following a traffic stop that led to the discovery of suspected methamphetamine and alprazolam. One of the suspects was released on bond less than two weeks before his most recent arrest.
A report states that on January 23, a county drug detective received a call from a sergeant in reference to a vehicle stop near Burl Mill Road. The sergeant notified the detective that he had located suspected methamphetamine and a blue pill marked "B707," suspected alprazolam, a Schedule IV narcotic.
The following morning, the detective interviewed one of the individuals in the vehicle, 31-year-old Carl Edward Davis. According to the report, Davis admitted that he had taken possession of the suspected methamphetamine and "shoved it into a natural void inside the door of the vehicle." Davis also reportedly told the detective that he had been using methamphetamine for the last year.
The report also states that the alprazolam was located on another individual in the vehicle, 35-year-old Nina Hayden.
Following the interview, the detective field tested the suspected methamphetamine, which showed a positive result for the substance. Hayden was charged with possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance: alprazolam, and is currently in the Coffee County Jail.
Davis was booked on one count of possession of methamphetamine and has not been released on bond. However, Davis was released from the Coffee County Jail eleven days before his most recent stop. He was taken in on charges of burglary in the first degree, burglary in the second degree, and two counts of entering an automobile on January 1, 2023, from an incident that allegedly occurred in July 2022. Davis was then granted a property bond on January 12.
- Officials make arrest in connection with July 4 fire at Liquidation Market
- City commission approves rate increase for trash collection
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates Little Free Libraries at Emma Ward, Eastside parks
- Martin Centre receives Cultural Facilities Grant
- Deputy stops vehicle for no headlights, finds suspected meth
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest