Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
A suspect wanted out of DeKalb County led officers from Bacon and Coffee counties on a high speed chase last week that ended near Nicholls.
According to a release issued by the Bacon County Sheriff's Office, on January 18, 2023, Alma Police Department officers were dispatched to the Circle K/McDonald’s at the intersection of East 16th Street and South Pierce Street in reference to a stolen vehicle.
While officers spoke with the victim, the stolen vehicle was spotted in Bacon County heading towards Coffee County. The offender, Deanthony Scott, 26 of Atlanta, led deputies from Bacon County and Coffee County along with officers from the Nicholls Police Department on a high-speed chase through Nicholls and then on foot through a wooded area just outside of Nicholls in Coffee County.
Scott was captured and was discovered to be wanted out of Dekalb County for a probation violation from a previous armed robbery. He was transported to the Bacon County Jail and has been charged with theft by taking off a motor vehicle, pending other charges and held on the probation violation from Dekalb County.
- CCSO investigates non-fatal shooting on Hickory Lane
- Driver loses life when vehicle leaves roadway, crashes into creek
- Douglas man arrested, jailed after refuses to leave church
- Retired deputy Ben Munford enters 2024 sheriff's race
- Garrett Streat of Nicholls selected as Mercer University School of Medicine Nathan Deal Scholar