Second trial in death of Vann Brown scheduled for this month
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The second of three trials in the state's case regarding the January 2020 death of Vann Brown is scheduled to take place at the end of the month. The defense has filed several pretrial motions, which will be heard later this week by Superior Court Judge Kelly Brooks.
Jason’s brother, Justin, was tried and acquitted of murder and other offenses last year. However, he was convicted for tampering with evidence and making false statements to law enforcement. Justin is currently serving his sentence in the Coffee County Jail.
Several pretrial motions have been filed by Jason's attorneys, John Thigpen Sr., and Alex Brown, some of which include matters of the jury and requests to suppress certain evidence from the trial. The judge will rule on those motions this Friday in the Superior Court of Coffee County.
Jury selection is set to take place on January 30, with the trial starting with both the state and defense giving opening statements the following morning.
- GBI makes arrest in Jeff Davis shooting
- Officers arrest, jail McRae man for alleged financial transaction fraud
- Joey Anderson arrested, charged with embracery for allegedly tampering with potential juror during Justin Anderson's murder trial
- There is an election underway and it's for the SPLOST referendum
- Wellness check by family member goes bad near Ambrose
Latest from Staff Reports
- Legislature passes HB 7811, establishes new guidelines for local elected officials and governments
- Trojan track teams compete in Hiram Johnson Invitational at Lowndes
- Kentavius Street signs one-year deal with Philadelphia Eagles
- Douglas ranked as seventh safest city in Georgia
- Police department, fire marshal's office investigating Tuesday night fire