Stone Mountain woman arrested for allegedly supplying cell phone, drugs to Coffee Correctional inmate
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Najama Omar, 31, has been arrested by the Georgia Department of Corrections for allegedly providing an inmate with contraband at Coffee Correctional Facility.
A copy of an arrest warrant for Omar, a resident of Stone Mountain, states that she unlawfully and illegally provided an inmate at the prison with marijuana and cell phones. According to the document, the offense occurred between the dates of December 27 and December 28.
The warrant does not name the Coffee Correctional inmate who received the contraband or any other details.
Omar was booked into the Coffee County Jail on December 28. She was charged with obtaining a cell phone for an inmate, obtaining drugs for an inmate, and possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute.
Since her arrest, Omar has been released on a $16,500 property bond.
- 39-year-old arrested on cocaine trafficking charges after vehicle stop
- GBI investigates fatal officer involved shooting in Nicholls
- Home search leads to arrest on illegal drug, gun charges
- Alleged argument over $5 leads to arrest on child cruelty, family violence charges
- Convicted felon hit with drug distribution, gun charges
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest