Early voting wraps Friday, over 5,480 local ballots cast
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Early voting for next week's general election will wrap up this Friday at the Coffee County Elections Office. According to Coffee County Elections Office Supervisor Rachel Roberts, as of Wednesday morning, over 5,480 ballots have been cast.
Georgia's voters have continued to hit record-breaking early voting numbers, with state officials announcing on Tuesday afternoon that 1,638,286 Georgia citizens had cast their ballots so far. The statewide turnout is consistent with local votes, with 5,464 votes being cast in Coffee County as of Wednesday morning.
Coffee County reported 4,621 votes cast during the advanced voting period in the 2018 General Election.
According to Georgia Votes, approximately 300 registered local voters cast mail-in ballots, with the remainder voting in person. The data also shows that 5,934 citizens requested a ballot for the election. Currently, there are 25,804 registered voters in Coffee County.
Georgia Votes also shows a breakdown of ballots cast by race, gender, and age. The data reported the following:
White: 4,219 (72.9%), Black: 1,315 (22.2%), Hispanic: 51 (0.9%), Asian: 28 (0.5%), and other: 177 (3.1%)
Female: 3,113 (53.8%), Male: 2,670 (46.1%), and Unknown: 7 (0.1%)
18–29: 364 (6.3%), 30–39: 378 (6.5%), 40–49: 721 (12.5%), 50–64: 1,887 (32.6%), and 65+: 2,440 (42.1%).
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced on the first day of advanced voting that the state had already reached a record-breaking turnout, with nearly twice the number of ballots cast than on the first day of early voting in 2018.
Raffensperger said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon that at least 2 million voters are expected to vote before Friday.
Local voters will have through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. to cast their ballots before the election next Tuesday. Polls will be open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Coffee County student makes Brewton-Parker Dean’s List
- City to end recycling program on August 1
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest