Last month marked the third anniversary of an unsolved death in Ben Hill County that FBI detectives continue to investigate as they search for the victim’s killer. The woman, Kasara Brown, was found dead in her Fitzgerald home in 2019 and was eight months pregnant when she was killed.
The FBI recently released a poster reminding individuals that the investigation is still underway and of a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Brown’s death.
Brown, who was 24 at the time, was over eight months pregnant with her second child and was found deceased on September 15, 2019, at her Ben Hill County residence on Laura’s Lane.
An autopsy revealed that she died from multiple gunshot wounds.
In October 2020, FBI officials announced the original $5,000 reward was being doubled to $10,000.
At this time, no arrests have ever been made in connection to Brown’s death.
In a prior news release regarding the homicide, investigators stated that they "believed Brown’s murder was gang-related or that she may have been mistakenly killed or killed to send a message."
The case is currently being investigated by the FBI, GBI, and the Ben Hill County Sheriff’s Office.
If you have any information regarding Brown’s death, please contact the FBI’s Atlanta Field Office at 770-216-3000 or visit tips.fbi.gov.
- Second trial in death of Vann Brown continued until July 31
- State Supreme Court upholds Rusty Wright's 2019 murder conviction
- Bond denied for suspect in shooting death of Rae Rae Barnes
- One of suspects in Rae Rae Barnes's death to appear in court next week
- Over 60 defendants appear in court for arraignments
Latest from Staff Reports
- Retired State Court Judge Bob Preston receives Liberty Bell Award
- Georgia lawmakers aim to take a bite out of retail sales of Delta-8 THC products statewide
- Samina Patel, junior at Georgia Tech, named one of 47 Brooke Owens Fellows
- Georgia GOP lawmaker pushes bill to protect ‘vital and precious’ Okefenokee from new mining proposals
- Alleged car thief leads officers on chase through Bacon, Coffee counties