Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
No contract/deposits for maintenance or construction
Clearwater pools on Facebook
Ask about Customizable maintenance plans *
The GBI is investigating an officer involved shooting in Irwin County. The Irwin County Sheriff's Office asked the GBI to conduct an independent investigation on September 23, 2022, at 2:25 p.m. One man was shot and has died. No deputies were injured during this incident.
Preliminary information indicates that Irwin County Task Force Agents saw Henry Wilson Mercer, age 63, of Ocilla, driving a Chevrolet Silverado. Agents knew that Mercer had an outstanding warrant. When they attempted to stop Mercer, he refused to stop and sped away. A high-speed pursuit took place over several miles. Irwin County Sheriff's Office deputies were alerted to the pursuit.
Deputies set up a roadblock at the intersection of Ponderosa Road and Pinetta Road to attempt to end the pursuit. As Mercer sped towards the blocked intersection, he accelerated and drove in the direction of where a deputy was standing. Another deputy fired at Mercer, hitting him. Mercer crashed after being shot and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The GBI will conduct an independent investigation. Once complete, the case file will be given to the Tift County District Attorney's Office for review.
- Axson man one of 18 arrested in federal round-up in Cook County
- Jason Anderson's trial postponed indefinitely due to more embracery charges
- Coffee County man arrested for the sexual exploitation of children
- Late-night chase ends on Gaskin Avenue with PIT maneuver
- Crisp County sheriff’s deputy killed in the line of duty
Latest from Submitted
- Chamber of Commerce selects Student Ambassadors for the 2023-2024 school year
- CRMC attains Surgical Quality Partner Distinction from the American College of Surgeons
- Natural Gas Department celebrates Public Natural Gas Week
- Douglas World War II Air Base and Museum on Mighty Eighth’s WWII Heritage Trail Tour
- Letrelle Jowers Spires, 81