Two people have been charged with aggravated assault following a firearms-related incident that occurred in the Baymeadows subdivision Saturday night.
Detectives with the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to an address in the subdivision on Sept. 3 in reference to a report of gunshots being fired. It was later determined that several homes had been struck with gunfire during the incident.
Officers discovered that an individual identified as Parker Lee Hines arrived at the location in a vehicle occupied by three other males. Hines engaged in an altercation at the location with an individual identified as Devon James Mack.
During the altercation, Mack brandished a handgun and struck Hines on the head. Hines subsequently fled the residence, and Mack confronted the other three individuals who were still in the vehicle. The occupants of the vehicle left the property, but returned a short time later.
As the vehicle was passing the residence, Mack and an occupant in the vehicle, identified as Dejon Riviera Fussell, opened fire on each other. During the exchange of gunfire, several homes in the surrounding area were struck.
As a result of the incident, Mack, Hines, and two of the vehicle occupants were taken into custody. Mack has been charged with aggravated assault, and Hines will receive one count of disorderly conduct. Fussell has been charged with aggravated assault and is still at large.
The investigation remains open, with more charges expected.
- School system police officer arrested, charged for allegedly breaking into cars
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up