Third suspect arrested, charged with murder in shooting death of Savion McRae
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Rodarious "Rod" Swanson, 24, was arrested in Lowndes County on August 15, 2022 and charged with Felony Murder and Aggravated Assault in connection with the June 18 shooting death of Savion McRae, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
Swanson is the third individual arrested and charged with murder in McRae’s death. Travion Snell, 22, and Shamond Campbell, 18, both of Douglas, have also been arrested on murder charges and remain in jail.
On Saturday, June 18, 2022, the Lanier County Sheriff’s Office requested the GBI Regional Investigative Office in Douglas to conduct a death investigation. Three men traveling in a car on Highway 221 in Lanier County were shot by people in another vehicle on the night of June 18. One of the men, Savion McRae, died and two were treated for injuries and have since been released from the hospital.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Lanier County Sheriff’s Office at (229) 482-3545 or the GBI Regional Investigative Office in at (912) 389-4103. Anonymous tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
Once the investigation is complete, the case file will be given to the Alapaha Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office for review and potential prosecution.
- David Rios, one of Coffee County's Most Wanted, still on the run after 11 years
- GBI arrests Coffee County man in child death investigation
- Kendrick Mizell found guilty of murder, sentenced to life in prison
- GBI makes arrest in child sexual assault investigation
- Car v. pedestrian, hit and run call turns into wild chase near Nicholls
Latest from Staff Reports
- Brunel recognized at LaGrange College commencement
- Detective witnesses fight inside car, lands Fitzgerald man in jail
- Drug unit officers serve warrant, find suspect flushing alleged drugs down toilet
- Douglas man charged with hit and run, DUI after 'leaving the club'
- Three juveniles charged for allegedly agreeing to sell iPhones then stealing the money from potential buyers