The GBI Region 4 Douglas Office secured an arrest warrant for Angela Whittle Evans, age 47 of Ambrose, Georgia. Evans was arrested on one count of Felony Theft by Taking.
Preliminary information indicates that Evans was working at American Truck Parts in Douglas, Coffee County, Ga. as the Office Manager. The company conducted an audit, and it was determined that funds were missing. According to the arrest warrant, the amount of missing money totaled $215,000. Evans was arrested and transported to the Coffee County Law Enforcement Center where she was processed into the jail.
This investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Coffee County Sheriff’s Department at (912) 383-6398 or the GBI Region 4 Douglas Office at (912) 389-4103. Anonymous tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.
Once the investigation is complete, the case file will be given to the Waycross Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
- Trial dates set for defendants charged in Vann Brown's death
- Driver of vehicle involved in train v. car accident allegedly drunk
- Lady Trojans win four out of five last week
- World War II air base barracks to hold three open house dates in October
- Alleged intoxicated suspect escapes traffic stop, rams police car, and flees on foot