Man released from prison in 2020 back behind bars
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Cody Boyd Porter, who was released from prison in 2020 for serving time on a 2010 robbery conviction, is now back behind bars at the Coffee County Jail after violating his probation.
Documents filed in the Superior Court of Coffee County show that Porter was charged with Criminal Attempt to Commit a Felony on April 27, 2010, and pleaded guilty to the charge under the first offender act later that year. In November 2010, following his guilty plea, Porter was sentenced to probation by a Superior Court judge. However, the following month, deputies arrested Porter for robbery after he "stole $600 cash from a man he physically assaulted" at an address on Elm Street.
Court officials also stated that at the time of his second arrest, Porter had failed to pay any court-ordered fines and that Coffee County Sheriff's Office deputies discovered ten .22 caliber bullets in his residence.
On September 6, 2011, Porter entered a guilty plea on the robbery charge and was sentenced to 20 year ssentence, with 10 being served in a Georgia Department of Corrections prison. The remainder of his sentence was ordered to be carried out on probation. According to the Georgia Department of Corrections website, Porter was released from the Charles D. Hudson Transitional Center in LaGrange, Georgia, on March 23, 2020.
However, Porter was recently arrested for allegedly violating his probation for allegedly being in possession of methamphetamine. Troup County law enforcement officers recently charged him with one count of possession of methamphetamine and issued a warrant for his arrest.
On July 29, Porter was arrested by Coffee County Sheriff's Office deputies on the probation violation and is currently held in the Coffee County Jail.
- Drug unit officers arrest, charge Douglas man with meth possession after short chase
- Wellness check by family member goes bad near Ambrose
- Traffic stop leads to arrest on methamphetamine, cocaine charges
- 31-year-old Douglas woman arrested after she allegedly borrows, sells a friend's car
- Traffic stop for possible seatbelt violation leads to meth arrest
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest