Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
On Monday, Deedrick Donte Pickett, a 36-year-old man from Ambrose, pleaded guilty to an aggravated assault charge in the Superior Court of Coffee County.
Pickett was arrested on the charge, and two counts of criminal trespassing, in 2020 for cutting another man with a knife during a dispute at a gathering. The case was set to be heard by a jury during a trial this month. However, Pickett pleaded to the charges Monday morning before jury selection would have taken place.
Pickett was given a 20-year sentence and will serve five of those in a correctional facility. He will also receive credit for his time spent in the Coffee County Jail since his arrest in 2020, making his maximum release date to be in June 2025.
- Attorney Clint Lott announces candidacy for State Court Judge
- Domestic dispute leads to serious injuries, aggravated assault charges
- Deputies arrest, extradite wanted fugitives from Florida and Alabama
- Youth Council’s February meeting focuses on Black History Month
- Officers arrest two on Valentine's Day, female attempts to hide suspected meth inside her
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest