Savion McRae, a 2021 graduate of Coffee High School, lost his life in a shooting that occurred in Lanier County Saturday night.
According to law enforcement officials, three individuals from Coffee County — McRae, Tremayne Newton, and Takevion Stozier — were at a party in Lanier County. While at the party, something happened between the Coffee group and several other attendees.
After the Coffee group left the party, they came up behind a vehicle occupied by the individuals with which they had a run-in earlier. According to officials, the occupants of the other vehicle fired into the vehicle from Coffee County as the Coffee group passed them.
All three were struck by bullets; McRae did not survive. Newton and Stozier were not seriously injured. However, while receiving treatment, officers discovered that Stozier had active warrants. He was arrested and jailed as a result.
McRae's killer has not been arrested. The investigation is ongoing.
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules
- Judge sentences Justin Anderson to 18 months confinement in connection with Vann Brown's death
- Douglas woman arrested on shoplifting, drug possession charges after allegedly stealing shoes
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
Latest from Robert Preston
- Trojans fall 56-28 to Cartersville Purple Hurricanes, finish with 10-3 record
- Trojans take down Decatur Bulldogs 51-23 in second round
- Trojans break the Mustangs 34-6 in first round, head to Decatur next week
- Stevens pleads guilty to exploitation and intimidation of disabled/elderly adult, gets probation
- Tyreek Hill: From Jardine Stadium on Friday to the record books on Sunday