During a recent theme study about Living Creatures, the Pre-K students at Eastside Elementary learned about the needs of living creatures. The highlight of the theme study was learning about insects. Many books about various insects in our world were read as well as different activities exploring insects were implemented into the science domain.
As one of the culminating activities the students enjoyed making the traditional “Ants on a Log” for their afternoon snack. A tally graph was created to see if more children like or disliked the insect treat. It was concluded more children like the special treat they made.
Shown in the photos are students in Ms. Beverly Barbaree and Mrs. Shavette
- Eastside Elementary Pre-K enjoys first field trip
- Amie Bennett: Eastside's Teacher of the Year
- Eastside Elementary School shows appreciation to student teachers
- Mrs. Laura Curtis named Eastside Elementary school teacher of the year
- Officer Perez visits Pre-k students at Eastside Elementary School: School safety is first at Eastside