Beginning Saturday, February 26, 2022, the City of Douglas/ESG Operations Water Department will begin to fill the new elevated tank on McNeil Drive. Plans are to fill the fill the tank slowly to minimize any water disruptions, however, customers may experience discolored water. The process may take several days but plans are to have the water tank completely online by Saturday March 5, 2022.
Citizens who experience discolored water are advised to allow water to run clear prior to washing clothes or cooking. This will clear the line of any rust that might have dislodged from the pipes. The Water Department has “rust-out” available, free of charge, to any customer who has washed clothing and clothing was discolored. Please call ahead to pick up requested packets of “rust-out” for clothing. The Water Department is now located at the Douglas Utilities building (100 Public Works Drive) at the Douglas Municipal Services Complex, 360 Georgia 206 Connector NW.
The city apologizes for any inconvenience and if there are questions or concerns, please call the City of Douglas Water Department at 912-389-3444 or the after-hours (non-emergency) Customer Care Center by dialing 3-1-1 or (912)384-3302.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept