A public hearing will be held at 7:00 PM on Monday, February 28, 2022, in the City of Douglas Commission Chambers, currently located at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street, Douglas, Georgia, to announce the beginning of an amendment to the 2018 Comprehensive Plan to include a Broadband Element for Coffee County, and the Cities of Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, and Nicholls.
The purpose of this hearing is to brief the community on the process to develop the Comprehensive Plan amendment, announce opportunities for public participation in the development of the Broadband Element, and obtain input on the proposed planning process. Any person with special needs relating to disability access or foreign language should contact Ebonee Dobson, City Planner, City of Douglas, at (912)383-0277.
Persons with hearing disabilities may consider using the Georgia Relay Service at 1-800-255-0135. All persons are invited to attend the public hearing. If you would like more information, please contact the City of Douglas at (912)383-0277 or Loretta Hylton at the Southern Georgia Regional Commission at (229)333-5277.
- Douglas/Coffee County supports World Teen Mental Wellness Day
- CSX to close railroad crossing for maintenance
- Drug officers arrest two, one of whom was just released from jail 11 days prior
- It’s business license renewal time
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed