The Satilla Regional Library System has partnered with the Coffee County School District to offer a free PINES Library Access for Youth (PLAY) library card -- especially designed for grades k-12 -- to all students at Coffee County’s public schools. PLAY cards allow students to check out up to five physical items and place two holds, and have access to all Satilla Regional Library System electronic resources.
There’s nothing you have to do to take advantage of this program; students have automatically been issued a PLAY library card to support academic success. If you do not wish your child to receive a free PLAY account, please contact your child’s school.
The PLAY card offers students many benefits:
- 1. Check out ebooks, e-audiobooks and digital magazines at https://srlsys.org/your-library-on-the-go/ and read them on a computer, tablet or smartphone. We have thousands of titles available through OverDrive with the Libby app and ERead Kids. The books automatically return at the end of the lending period -- no more worrying about lost library books or overdue fines!
- 2. Get homework help through Tutor.com, available free for library card holders at https://srlsys.org/homework-help . Students and parents can get help with any kind of academic question in math, science, English, social studies and writing. Expert tutors work with students in kindergarten through 12th grade and can even help with AP®-level and intro-level college coursework. Plus, Tutor.com offers SAT/ACT test prep.
- 3. Tumblebooks is a curated collection of children’s e-books, with over 1,400 titles for grades K-6, and this includes animated talking picture books, read-along chapter books, National Geographic videos, non-fiction books, as well as books in Spanish and French.
- 4. ABCMouse is available at home (https://srlsys.org/abcmouse/) ABCmouse – The award-winning ABCmouse curriculum is designed to help young children (ages 2-8+) build a strong foundation for future academic success. ABCmouse is 100% educational, with more than 10,000 learning activities (books, puzzles, educational games, art activities, songs, etc.) across all major subject areas: reading, math, science, social studies, art, and music—including more than 1,200 of those learning activities in Spanish. Best of all, kids just love it! (From Age of Learning, Inc.)
- 5. The PINES PLAY card can also be used to check out up to five items at a time at the library -- including books, DVDs and passes to museums and parks -- fine free! PLAY accounts will only accrue charges for lost, damaged or long overdue items.
We are excited to offer this opportunity to Coffee County public school students! If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school or the Douglas-Coffee County Library at (912) 384-4667.
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- School system to provide free meals this school year
- Coastal Plains Charter High School to hold open house
- School system announces new Ambrose principal, three other administrators