The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. The following is a list of June 2021 meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Airport Commission – June 2, 12pm, at the Airport.
- Recreation Commission – June 8, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
- Downtown Development Authority – June 9, 9am, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- Land Bank Authority Meeting – June 10, 4pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- City Commission – June 14 & 28, 2021, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at the CE Weir Center, 307 E. Bryan Street.
- Airbase Preservation and Development Committee – June 14, 12pm, at the Airport.
- Veterans Park Committee – June 16, 10am, Airport
- Planning Commission – June 17, 6pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue (if needed)
- Historic Preservation Committee – June 24, 2pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912) 389-3405.
- Pickup, lawn mower theft results in arrest on multiple charges
- Deputies find stolen trailer and Polaris Ranger, arrest three
- Fire department has new educational tool
- Former prison guard admits role in major south Georgia drug trafficking conspiracy
- City receives funding to assist with airport lighting replacement