On Thursday, November 5, 2020, Douglas-Coffee County Parks & Recreation and the City of Douglas held the groundbreaking ceremony for the Premier Sports Complex that will be located on Van Davis Road at JC Adams Municipal Park. Officials from the City, County, Recreation Commission, and Georgia Recreation and Parks Association (GRPA) thanked the citizens of Coffee County for allocating SPLOST funds for the construction of the youth sports facility.
“I am proud to see that your Recreation Department and local leaders are looking toward the future and helping to alleviate youth truancy by providing facilities to encourage participation in quality recreation programs,” says Steve Card, GRPA Executive Director. “Once completed, this sports complex will provide outstanding recreational activities for Coffee County and prospects for sports tourism and economic development.”
Construction has begun on Phase 1 of the Premier Sports Complex. Phase 1 consists of 4-Softball/Baseball fields, 3 Football Fields, concession stands, and parking for those fields. The estimated time of completion for the Premier Sports Complex is Spring 2021.
- Five CHS students receive REACH Scholarship
- Precious Possessions presents Childhood Cancer Awareness Group with donation during Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Traffic stop yields meth arrest
- School system police officer arrested, charged for allegedly breaking into cars
- Christmas parade is this weekend, here are the rules