The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, we are looking for volunteers for the Keep Douglas Beautiful Board. Volunteers must live within the city limits of Douglas.
The following is a list of October meetings for City of Douglas Authorities, Boards and Committees.
Land Bank Authority Meeting, Oct. 8, 2pm, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
Air Base Preservation & Development Committee – Oct. 12, (2nd Monday of each month), 12pm, Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport. These meetings are being held virtually and the public is invited to join via ZOOM meetings, Meeting ID: 839 7892 7207
City Commission: Oct. 12 and 26, (2nd and 4th Mondays) 7pm, at CE Weir Center.
Recreation Commission – Oct. 13, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, (912)384-5978
Downtown Development Authority – Oct. 14, 9am, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
Douglas Mayor’s Youth Council – Oct. 15, 6pm, Youth Center.
Historic Preservation Committee – Oct. 22, 4pm, at Ashley Slater House
For additional information about any City of Douglas Authority, Board or Committee, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.
- Officers charge Andre Larron Benjamin with murder in shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown
- City seeking construction contractors
- Land Bank Authority: A solution for vacant, blighted properties
- Pedestrian safety measures added to Douglas state route
- Local filmmaker talks to CHS students, offers scholarship