The City of Douglas would like to encourage citizens to attend or become a part of various city committees and boards. At the present time, there is a vacancy on the Downtown Development Authority. Each board has its own criteria and qualifications for volunteers to become a member.
The following is a list of upcoming meetings for City of Douglas Boards and Committees.
- Air Base Preservation & Development Committee – June 8, 2020, (2nd Monday of each month), 12pm, at the Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport.
- Airport Commission Meeting – July 1, 2020, 12pm, at the Douglas Municipal Gene Chambers Airport.
- City Commission: June 8, & 22, 2020, (2nd & 4th Mondays) 7pm, at CE Weir Center
- Called City Commission Meeting (FY’21 Budget) – Monday, June 15, 2020, 7pm, at CE Weir Center
- Downtown Development Authority – June 10, 2020, 9am, Ashley Slater House, 211 S. Gaskin Avenue.
- G.I.C.H. Committee Meeting – August 12, 2020, 3pm, Ashley Slater House
- Historic Preservation Committee – June 25, 4:00pm, at Ashley Slater House
- Recreation Commission – June 16, 11:45am, Central Square Complex, (912)384-5978
- Land Bank Authority – June 11, 2020, 2:00pm, at Ashley Slater House
- Planning Commission – June 18, 2020, 6pm, Ashley Slater House
For additional information about any City of Douglas Committee/Board, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (912)389-3405.
- Bowen, Merson receive additional charges in alleged heroin operation
- Young to stand trial Wednesday on possession of firearms charge
- Operation Quality-of-Life discovers numerous violations in city
- Wiregrass announces President's, Dean's lists
- Reed's Snack & Shack takes 1st in Barbecue News Magazine's 2022 Sauces of Honor contest