Mayor Pro-tem Gowen receives certificate from GMA
Elected officials from Douglas were among hundreds of city officials to attend the Georgia Municipal Association’s Annual Conference in Savannah June 21-June 25, 2019. The annual conference provides city officials with an opportunity to learn more about legislation under consideration, attend training sessions, and hear from state leaders.
Commissioner Mike Gowen received GMA’s Certificate of Achievement from the Harold F. Holtz Municipal Training Institute. To receive a Certificate of Achievement, a city official must complete a minimum of 72 units of credit, including at least 36 hours from a list of required courses. The training program consists of a series of more than 60 courses.
GMA Executive Director Larry Hanson stated, “We applaud Mayor Pro Tem Gowen, for the dedication he has shown in using this valuable resource to become a more effective city official.”
- CCA senior, local photographer land magazine cover
- Erin Robinson throws two no hitters as Lady Trojans go 2-1 for the week
- Two local healthcare professionals sentenced for ‘drug trafficking conspiracy'
- Coffee JV shuts out Tift JV 15-0 at Jardine Stadium
- City to observe Public Natural Gas Week Oct. 2-8