South Georgia State College (SGSC) will conduct two informational sessions concerning the new bachelor's degree in Early Childhood and Special Education. Anyone with an interest should attend. The meeting on the Douglas campus will be Monday, November 26 in Davis Hall, room 102 at 4 pm. The meeting on the Waycross campus will be Tuesday, November 27 in the Education Building Auditorium at 4:30 pm.
South Georgia State College (SGSC) and the University of North Georgia (UNG) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which will provide the students at SGSC the opportunity to obtain a dual certification degree in elementary education and special education.
Students attending SGSC will be able to complete the four-year UNG Special Education General Curriculum Elementary Education program (P-5) and qualify for teacher certification through the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC). Students graduating from this program will receive a Bachelor of Science in Education degree from SGSC. The program is set to begin at SGSC in the fall of 2019.
- SGSC falls to Georgia Highlands in OT
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- SGSC's Amy Hancock wins Outstanding Excellence Award in Marketing and Communications
- SGSC education students celebrate beginning of final semester with pinning ceremony