Ameris Bank employees were recently surprised when opening on Thursday, June 13, as Mr. Buddy Gilliard, Director of Transportation for the County School System, greeted the staff with warm, homemade cinnamon rolls from the school nutrition department.
During the spring of the past school year, one of the districts school buses was involved in a minor traffic accident while transporting students home. Thankfully no one was injured but with a busload of students and hot temperatures outside, the employees of Ameris Bank brought cold drinks out to all of the students as they waited to continue the route.
“It was so kind of the bank employees to come out and take care of our students. We appreciated them so much and wanted to do something to say thank you.” Stated Mr. Gilliard. “And, there is nothing better than our school nutrition cinnamon rolls!”
Along with Mr. Gilliard, Dr. Morris Leis, School Superintendent and School Nutrition Director, Betsy Martin came to show their appreciation to the Ameris employees.
- Best-selling author speaks to Coffee County teachers at Convocation
- Coffee Alliance for the Arts presents scholarship to Cailey Martinez
- School system to provide free meals this school year
- Coastal Plains Charter High School to hold open house
- School system announces new Ambrose principal, three other administrators