Arlene Mancil, a local children’s book author, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. She spoke about her children’s books that discuss different issues such as bullying and how to deal with being different. Her books are available for sale and can also be checked out at the Satilla Regional Library.
The Kiwanis Club members enjoyed and appreciated her presentation.
- Douglas woman hospitalized following domestic dispute in Montgomery County, husband arrested and jailed
- Convicted felon back in jail on firearm possession charges
- City to hold 12 open house dates for World War II barracks
- 37-year-old arrested on multiple drug charges following traffic stop
- Douglas man arrested and charged after allegedly breaking into ex's home, hitting her while she slept