Carlos Nelson, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) from Waycross, was the speaker at the Douglas Kiwanis Club meeting on Tuesday, March 27, 2018, at the Flyin’ Cowboy restaurant. He spoke about the CASA program which primarily advocates for kids in foster care and the hope that a CASA can be appointed in Coffee County.
The Kiwanis Club members enjoyed and appreciated his presentation.
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Former Dollar Tree manager arrested for allegedly stealing over $31,000
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond
- Youth council recognizes Bera Brown-Samuel at January meeting