Holt’s Bakery & Restaurant, which was previously awarded as the 2017-18 “100 Plates Locals Love” by GDEcD, is competing in the nationwide contest for Sweetest Bakery in America, and they need your help.
Holt’s is a successful business in the Douglas community and a popular local restaurant renowned for its glazed donuts. Holt’s is family-owned and operated and offers delicious meals and tasty treats. Holt’s Bakery and Restaurant has another location in Fitzgerald.
Dawn Foods has announced its second annual Sweetest Bakery in America contest -- voting takes place from March 1 until July 31. According to BakeMag.com, in September, Dawn will announce its grand prize winner, second and third place winners.
Anyone can vote once per day through July 31 online at https://sweetestbakeryinamerica.com/, or you can stop by the restaurant and vote by filling out a form. They are located at 101 E. Sellers St. Hours of operation are Monday from 6 a.m.-2 p.m. and Tuesday through Saturday from 5:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Join in on the voting and support a local family business competing to become the Sweetest Bakery in America.
- Movie date turns violent after alleged jealous ex shows up
- Drug unit charges two for meth, controlled substances charges
- 32-year-old allegedly forces way into a home, says he kills everybody, then sits down and has a meal
- Man charged for allegedly stabbing 17-year-old during dispute at home
- Trial recap: Jury finds Justin Anderson innocent of murder, guilty of tampering with evidence and making false statements