Joshua Peavy, who made it to the semifinal round on ABC’s “Rising Star” reality talent show, saw his run come to an end last night. Peavy, who sang “What Hurts the Most,” a former #1 hit by Rascal Flatts, was one of three contestants voted off the show during the live broadcast. However, West Coast viewers watched a tape-delayed broadcast and had the chance to save one of the three.
During the live East Coast broadcast, Peavy, along with fellow competitors Maneepat Malloy and Audrey Kate Geiger, did not receive enough votes to automatically advance to next week’s finals. Peavy received a 72 percent approval rating during the live show while Geiger received 69 percent. During the West Coast viewing, Peavy got 67 percent while Geiger edged him by a single point with 68 percent to move on.
Peavy, however, has been in contact with several recording studios during his “Rising Star” run and is confident that his appearance on the show will open up a door for him in the music industry.
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Former Dollar Tree manager arrested for allegedly stealing over $31,000
- Douglas woman back in jail after allegedly failing to meet conditions of bond
- Youth council recognizes Bera Brown-Samuel at January meeting
- Alleged drug dealer leads deputies on chase while his home is searched