Ms. Sharnae Pegues to lead the 54th annual Festival of Lights Christmas parade as parade marshal
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The City of Douglas, Douglas Coffee County Chamber of Commerce and the Coffee County Commission are proud to announce, Ms. Sharnae Pegues, will be the Parade Marshal for the 54th Annual Festival of Lights Christmas Parade. As Parade Marshal, Ms. Pegues will lead the annual Christmas Parade on Dec. 2, 2017.
“We are excited to have an outstanding young person to represent our community this year,” says Mayor Tony L. Paulk. “Miss Pegues is truly a star in our community and she strives to make our community shine brighter for our future leaders.”
Ms. Pegues is the daughter of Derrick and Chandra Green. She is a recent graduate of Coffee High School. She loves to serve the community and has completed over 1500 hours of community service. Some of her accomplishments include Youth of the Year for the Boys & Girls Club (BGC) of Coffee County region, the Georgia Youth of the Year for BGC of America, the Southeast Regional Youth of the Year for the BGC of America, founder of the Pearls of Elegance program and the “Screenshot ‘We Will Not’ Anti-Cyberbullying” Campaign. She has spoken at several events including the SGSC Teen Girls Empowerment Session and Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs, Mother/Daughter Workshops, and several more events. Currently, Ms. Pegues continues to serve our community while pursuing an education degree at South Georgia State College
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
- Pearson man arrested on firearms charges, allegedly discards marijuana in police car
- Wiregrass Tech announces new nursing instructor
- Veterans, citizens observe Memorial Day at courthouse ceremony